As our society is filled with many beliefs and interpretations of the Bible, it is vital that you know what our church believes and teaches. At KLBC we are committed to the following truths:
- We believe God's Word is the Holy, Inspired, Inerrant, and Infallible Word of God, and our final authority. Therefore, the Bible is our source for instruction, guidance, correction, and purpose. (2 Timothy 4:2-5)
- We will challenge every member to become more Christ-like in their daily walk through private and small-group study. (Philippians 3:10-14)
- We strive to build each other up through relationships which connect people to the Lord and each other. We seek to accomplish this through open and honest communication desiring unity and growth. (Hebrews 10:24-25; Acts 2:42-47; Psalm 133:1-3; Romans 15:5-7; and Ephesians 4:1-6)
- We believe Salvation is the FREE gift of God, available to all, through Jesus Christ alone (John 3:16; Romans 5:8; Ephesians 2:8-9)
- Furthermore, we believe in the sinful nature of man (Rom. 3:23), and that without a saving faith in Jesus Christ, man is destined for an eternity apart from God in a terrible place called Hell (Rom. 6:23, Luke 16)
- Therefore, we seek to encourage the lost to come to salvation found only in Christ, and lead them to obediently follow Him through biblical baptism and train them in God's Word. (Matthew 28:19-20; 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- We actively seek ways to spread the gospel message throughout our community, state, nation, and world. (Acts. 1:8)
- We believe in the Holy Spirit's role in the Christian's Walk
- As the "Helper" sent by God, the Holy Spirit indwels the believer, enabling and empowering the believer to walk the Christian walk and to accompish God's purpose in our lives (John 16:7).
- The Christian walk entails: personal devotion to God through prayer, worship, study, and observance of His Holy Word.
- As a church, we believe prayer should be celebrated, practiced, and central in every activity and endeavor. (Rom. 8:26-27; 1 Timothy 3:17)
- We strive to bring glory to God by gathering together to celebrate the wonders of His race and to encourage and equip people to live daily for Him. (John 4:21-24)
- We believe that our leaders should exhibit characteristics consistent with scripture striving to lead others in their walk with Christ. (2 Timothy 2:2; 1 Timothy 3:1-7)
- We support the family as central to God's plan for creating a strong church, a stable society and means of passing on the faith; therefore, we encourage and seek to strengthen families. (Genesis 2:18-25; Ephesians 5:21-6:4)
Furthermore, Kingsley Lake Baptist Church maintains an affiliation with the Southern Baptist Convention. As Southern Baptists, we believe certain biblical truths, called doctrines. We use those truths as guidelines for membership, fellowship, and as a basis for Christian education. Below you will find a link to our statement of beliefs adopted and held by the Southern Baptist Convention, known as the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message.